Hey guys welcome to the very first tutorial of this blog. This tutorial is basically for those folks who don’t have any experience regarding WordPress. Before diving deep into the world of WordPress I want to tell you that WordPress is quite a complicated CMS (Content Management System) with thousands of plugins to choose from. So in this tutorial we are going to touch the basics of WordPress. In this tutorial I am going to show you how you can install WordPress and create your website without writing any single line of code. Without any further delay lets start this tutorial with the introduction of WordPress.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is free and open source Content Management System (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. By Content Management System we mean a system where we just have to focus on creating content and doesn’t have to worry about other technical aspect (coding). With the help of WordPress you can build Dynamic website and blog. WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platform on the net powering 27% of the internet. This tutorial as the name suggest “How to install WordPress – Complete tutorial for Beginners” will teach you how to install WordPress and create your first website without writing a single line of code.
How to download WordPress?
WordPress is an open source content management system(CMS). You can download WordPress directly from the official website . You can see the screen shot below:-
Steps to install WordPress
Before installing WordPress we must look at some prerequisite.
- System Requirement for WordPress
- Database – MySql 5.0+
- Operating System – Cross Plarform
- Browser Support – IE(Internet Explorer 8.0+), Firefox, chrome, safari, Opera etc.
- PHP Compatbility – PHP 5.2+
As you can see in the prerequisite for the WordPress you need an AMP(Apache, MySql and PHP) Stack. An AMP Stack is a piece of software that contains a web server, a database and PHP engine. Either you can install WordPress in your local machine using AMP stack like XAMPP, MAMP or LAMP or you can ask your web hosting provider to install it for you. If you are planning to install WordPress in your web host then I would highly recommend using godaddy . Godaddy makes it very easy to install WordPress for your website.
Below you can see different ways of installing WordPress on different platforms.
- How to install WordPress on locahost/xampp: Below you can see the video which will guide you through the process of installing WordPress in your local Machine using XAMPP. The video will show you the procedure for installing WordPress on Windows operating system but the procedure is same for other operating System as well.
- How to install WordPress on cpanel Godaddy: Below you will see the video for installing WordPress in your cpanel godaddy. The procedure is fairly straight forward.
- How to install WordPress on cpanel Bluehost: Below you will see the video for installing WordPress in your cpanel Bluehost. The procedure is fairly straight forward.
- How to install WordPress on cpanel Softaculous: Below you will see the video for installing WordPress through Softaculous.
- How to install WordPress using Mojo Market Place: The video below will show you how to install WordPress using Mojo Market Place
- How to install WordPress using FTP: The video below show you how to install WordPress via FTP
- How to install WordPress using Quick Install: The video below shows you how to install WordPress using Quick Install
As you can see you don’t need a fancy degree in computer science to install and start using WordPress. Its quite easy. 99% of the time you don’t encounter any problem while using WordPress but 1% there is a chance that you encounter problem. Here is an article on the most common problem that you will likely to encounter in the near future. Please have a look at “WordPress White Screen of Death”. So guys that all for this tutorial. Stay tune for the next tutorial and if you haven’t subscribe the weekly news letter then please do it right now by clicking the link below.