SEO is a key for almost every website out there in the internet. Without SEO your site will not be able to rank well in search engine result and will not receive any visitors. Specially if you are running a blog then SEO is the key. In this post I am going to tell you 10 best WordPress SEO plugin that everyone should use in order to rank your website well in search engine result. Without wasting time lets start.
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. It is a process of getting traffic from free and organic search result. In this process you are going to optimize your site so that it rank well (preferably on the 1st position) on the search result page. You can watch the video below for better understanding of the SEO.
In this post I am assuming that you have developed your website using WordPress. So without wasting time I am going to show 10 best WordPress SEO plugin that you can use in your site to make it a SEO powerhouse. If you like have a look at determining low quality content
10 Best WordPress SEO Plugin
- Yoast SEO Plugin: Yoast is by far the most common and all time favourite WordPress SEO plugin that you can use. It is one of the most comprehensive solution to all your on-site SEO needs. It helps WordPress user to understand how well a post has been optimized before it is published.
You can add SEO title, meta description and meta keywords to each and every post and page of your site. You can also write custom title for your main site, archives, category and tags. If you are looking for a free SEO plugins to use then this is your best option.
- All in one SEO pack: This is a beginner friendly WordPress seo plugin which help you to optimize your site for search engine without any custom settings because the default settings is good enough to go.
- Premium SEO plugin: This is premium WordPress SEO plugin which will help you to optimize your site for the search engine. It helps you to optimize the images on your site which is another important factor because images brings you a lot of traffic if they are optimized properly. It will handle the rich snippet functionality for your site so that your posts stand out in the search results. Apart from that it will offer you the sitemap functionality so that you can generate your website xml sitemap and submit it to the search engine. As the name suggest this plugin is not free. You have to pay the fee in order to use the plugin.
- SEM Rush: SEMRush is a tool that pros use to gather analytics from their competitors to help their own SEO. You can learn about the keywords your competitor rank for, insight into the competitor’s advertisement strategy and so much more. SEMrush is a paid subscription and is used by thousands of SEO professionals all over the world.
- SEOPressor: Another very powerful plugin to improve organic traffic to your site, it helps you to optimize your blog posts with a well-guided approach. It comes with a built in keyword research tool which allows you to find long tail keywords related to your topics and use those while writing your content to make it more comprehensive and search friendly.
- WP Meta SEO: Another powerful WordPress SEO Plugin which always keeps you updated regarding SEO status of your site. Thanks to its immersive dashboard and settings which are quite easy to understand.
- LinkPatrol: Its a premium WordPress SEO plugin which allows you to control all the links on your website. It takes very less resources compared to other free plugins that do the same job.
- Rel NoFollow checkbox: When you link to an external site you are giving away some of your site authority to that link. If you don’t want to do that you add a no-follow attribute to that link. To make a link no-follow in WordPress you can use Rel NoFollow Checkbox plugin.
- Broken Link checker WordPress plugin: Broken links or (404 error) are nothing but a dead end for a search engine. And if it is a dead end for a search engine then it is definitely not good for SEO. Broken Link Checker Plugin is a broken link cleaning WordPress plugin. It helps in finding & fixing all internal and external broken links (404 links).
Before using this plugin you should know that this plugin has some issues with certain blog post. Sometimes it could freeze your hosting for a while. For this reason I would suggest that you should run this plugin on a low traffic day.
- SEO Friendly Images: By optimizing images you can automatically drive quite a lot of traffic into your website. This plugin will add alt attribute to your images although you need to take care of your image name.
Bonus SEO tip for WordPress Site owners
Before ending this post I would like to give you a bonus SEO tip. “Make your WordPress site load faster”. You can use tools like GTMetix and pingdom to check the time it take to load your site. Studies have shown that website that takes quite a lot of time to load looses its visitors and receives a google penalty.
That’s all for today. Stay tune for the next tutorial. If you have not subscribed for the weekly news-letter then please subscribe by clicking the link below